0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Guitar Straps

tanvir175

Can anyone help me pick out a decent guitar strap for my electric guitar 20-30 lbs. I'm looking for something in the price range of $20 and below. It doesn't have to be a great lifetime deal, just something to keep me going for a year or two, thanks.
September 30, 2011 @03:13am
R Whittington

20-30 lbs?...really? You'll need a back brace to go along with it.
Take a look at our selection of straps:
http://www.sweetwater.com/c932--Guitar_Straps
we have a huge selection to choose from
September 30, 2011 @01:04pm
tanvir175

20-30 lbs?...really? You'll need a back brace to go along with it.
Take a look at our selection of straps:
http://www.sweetwater.com/c932--Guitar_Straps
we have a huge selection to choose from

I highly doubt it's 20-30, lol. Estimated but apparently I estimated wrong XD But thanks.
September 30, 2011 @09:32pm
Big Bottom Willie

If looks aren't a big consideration, buy the Levy's cheapie M8 adjustable nylon strap w/leather ends for under five bucks - I have several of this type and they never fail (and I play some fairly heavy basses). Save your money for a straplock system if you want to feel more secure.
October 4, 2011 @08:47pm
wsomar

Some other factors when shopping around:
1) Some straps slide on your shoulder while others have a certain amount of friction and stay put. This is a personal preference.
I prefer the ones that stay put - so if I let go of my bass with the left hand, it stays in position instead of rotating down towards my knees due to the neck weight. This helps if I have to tweak a knob in the middle of a song.
2) If your instrument is heavy, some players prefer extra width and/or padding. You mentioned it is for a guitar so weight might not be a factor for you.
Cheers,
-Will
October 5, 2011 @08:03pm
moonies

Can anyone help me pick out a decent guitar strap for my electric guitar 20-30 lbs. I'm looking for something in the price range of $20 and below. It doesn't have to be a great lifetime deal, just something to keep me going for a year or two, thanks.

whoa! 20-30 pounds! That does not seem right... I just bought an ESO Strap. contoured strap with sweet pockets for your pick
Here is what my buddy sent me:

Hope this helps.
August 13, 2015 @12:41am