0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Monster Studio Pro 1000 Instrument Cable

tanvir175

I know quite a lot about this cable. What I don't know is if it is balanced or not. I'm planning on buying a 21 ft. cable and I've been told that if an unbalanced cable is over 18 1.2 ft. long, something happens to the frequency or whatever; not too sure. Can anyone clarify this for me??
Btw, I'm using it for electric guitar.
Here's the link: http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2324
September 29, 2011 @03:25am
R Whittington

It's a great cable. Not balanced. Generally speaking, you won't use a balanced cable for guitar. Once you get up to about the length you specified, the cable does start to build up capacitance and the effect is slightly less high frequency response. Some guitarists prefer a longer cable because they desire the sound the slight capacitance gives them...Carlos Santana for one.
September 29, 2011 @11:11am
tanvir175

It's a great cable. Not balanced. Generally speaking, you won't use a balanced cable for guitar. Once you get up to about the length you specified, the cable does start to build up capacitance and the effect is slightly less high frequency response. Some guitarists prefer a longer cable because they desire the sound the slight capacitance gives them...Carlos Santana for one.

Thank you very much ^_^ Fow now I'll stick to a 21 foot Monster Standard 100 Cable and see whether I like the capacitance or not with the 12 foot cable at school, seeing as I'm basically a beginner lol.
September 29, 2011 @03:58pm