rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

jbl jrx125 as a sub woofer with crown amp

doc-j

i have a xti 2000 crown amp with build in crossovers for subs, my question is could i set the amp to sub mode and drive a pair of jbl jrx125 dual 15 2 way speakers as subs (With Out Causing any harm to the speakers or horns?) then use a pair of yamaha club series 12'' monitors for the highs driven bay a xti1000, i have tried this configuration and it sounds great however i have done this for short periods of time, so i am concerned that with long periods of use this set up might cause damage to my equipment. i have a dj gig coming up and i am without a sub woofer.
September 14, 2011 @06:40pm
yeahforbes

It's fine. The chances of keeping them running forever vs killing them immediately are no different from using actual subs. Just be sure to set proper filters (high pass, even for subs) and limiters.
September 15, 2011 @08:23pm
doc-j

Thanks so much for your help, I'm still a few gigs short of a new sub any suggestions on a good passive sub that I will not have to sell a kidney for? Ill be using the crown xti2000 to drive it. Thanks again.
September 28, 2011 @05:51am
doc-j

Thanks so much for your help, I'm still a few gigs short of a new sub any suggestions on a good passive sub that I will not have to sell a kidney for? Ill be using the crown xti2000 to drive it. Thanks again.
September 28, 2011 @05:54am