0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Missing Hard Drive

clong7

I have been using my CS Tower for about a year and a half now and it has run flawlessly. It is not connected to the internet, and has been solely used for making music...I turned it on one day and the audio drive is completely missing. Restarting the computer does not solve the problem and I do not want to open the computer up to check connections if that voids any warranties I may still have. When starting, a message pops up exclaiming "no hard disk is detected!" What can i do?
September 14, 2011 @04:58pm
Justin

Just opening the system won't void the warranty. I might check to see if a drive cable vibrated loose or something along those lines.
Call our customer service at 1.800.222.4700x6400 and they can walk you though some diagnostics and figure out what is wrong.
September 14, 2011 @06:13pm
TheKeytarist

what he said^ Otherwise, your hard drive might have gone out. If that's the case, you can get replacement drives for pretty cheap.
October 15, 2011 @10:24pm