0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Another 9073 Question - but for pro tools 6.4.1

DLa

All,
I have no where to turn so am posting this thread here - I've seen various other threads about the 9703 error. I am desperate so any help is appreciated.
I have recently fired-up my pro tools 6.4.1 TDM | Mix Plus system:
Mac G4, OS 10.3.8, 1.25 Ghz, 2 MB memory; 1 GB DDR SDRAM
I am using an Oxford Semiconductor hard drive (approximately 21 GB of 112 left) via firewire.
After tracking seven or so tunes, I am receiving the deathly 9703 message saying my DAE can't get audio fast enough etc. I ran disk utility on the drive but it appears to be ok. I have not indexed or defragmented the drive.
I have scoured the internet over this topic and can't locate any answer to my (dinosaur) version of pro tools. I have seen posts where defragmenting the hard drive or reinstalling pro tools may solve the problems with newer versions. Does anyone recall having this problem with 6.4.1 (if you used it)? I am paranoid to do anything adverse to lose these files -especially since I'm 100's of versions behind and there is no more support.
Thank you for your time!
August 25, 2011 @01:56pm
gcjammin1

Try trashing your Pro Tools preferences.
http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-center/techtips/d--03/13/2008
Gcjammin1
September 4, 2011 @04:56pm