0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Upgrade older CS-Rack?

donburnet

I have a five year old CS-R1. I've already upgraded the library and sample drives up to 1tb drives, and I've got 4gb ram installed. I'm mostly concerned now that the system drive is five years old, and I'd rather replace it before it dies than after. Has anyone succesfully upgraded the system drive in the CSR-1 to a solid state drive? Also, I'm wondering how difficult, if even possible, to replace the motherboard.
August 12, 2011 @11:02pm
Justin

You can upgrade the system drive to a Solid State Drive.
If you want to have it done here, you can send in your Creation Station and we can clone your existing install to an SSD.
Changing the motherboard is not so simple. Newer boards will probably require a new CPU, RAM, possibly a different video card. Your old copy of Windows is tied to your old CPU/motherboard hardware ID, so installing a new one will probably require a new windows license. (depends on if Microsoft will let it activate or not)
We can do upgrades here if needed. Our service department can give you a quote on it.
August 15, 2011 @12:47pm