rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Yamaha HS80M Powers up but no sound

march314

Not sure I'm in the right place But, I have a yamaha hs80m that powers on but no sound at all coming out the speaker. If I turn the volume on my mixer all the way up, I get this low end rumbling noise. When I power on and off the monitor, The woofer jerks in and out giving nasty sound. Has anyone have problem before or know of this problem and can offer some tips on what my issue may be? Thanks in advance for your answers.
July 18, 2011 @09:28am
yeahforbes

What do you experience when listening to that same mixer output with something else, and when listening to something else on that same speaker?
July 19, 2011 @02:59am
march314

When I run other monitors through that out in my mixer I get sound, Very clear sound. I tried running this particular monitor through other monitor outs and still no sound. I even took it to another studio and still got no sound. Oh by the way I have all the setting on the back exactly the same as the other HS80M that does work.
July 26, 2011 @07:09am
march314

Ok so I just purchased a Studio Monitor Station by presonus and when I hooked the speaker up to that i worked fine for about 20 mins then it cut out again. This was the first time I turned that speaker on in about 2 weeks? Does anyone have a slight clue of what can be going on with this speaker?
August 6, 2011 @07:29am
TimmyP1955

Take it to a service tech - this is not likely to be something that John Q. Public can fix.
August 7, 2011 @07:22am