We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

fixing a guitar neck, how is it done?

mephisto

ok guys im new to fixing guitars so please go easy on me, heres whats up, im looking into getting a used BC Rich JR V. it has a warped neck and needs repaired or replaced. my question is how do you fix a warped neck without replacing it. and if it does need to be replaced, where can i get a new BC Rich neck or a suitable replacement?
thank you for your time,
mephisto
July 17, 2011 @01:11am
TimmyP1955

Take it to a local guitar tech. He can see if it's just a truss rod adjustment, and if not, whether repair or replacement would be the way to go.
July 17, 2011 @08:29pm
R Whittington

If the neck is truly warped and a simple truss rod adjustment can't achieve satisfactory results...I'd look for another guitar. The expense for a neck repair is one thing, and that may totally offset the savings of purchasing used over new...but the time and trouble invested in rescuing the guitar may not be worth it in the end.
July 18, 2011 @11:46am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!