0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Where can you get the rubber strips that are under the ivories

Flint

I have a Yamaha PSR 530. I have taken it into the repair shop 4 times to have 2 of those rubber strips replaced each time over the years that I have had the keyboard. It coast me $75 each times. I can replace the strips myself but I don't know where I can get the strips. Does anyone know? Thanks Flint
June 7, 2011 @06:05am
TimOBrien

Pair of scissors and a rubber car floor mat....
(I'd never pay $75 for something you can get for free)
Lowes and Home Depot DIY stors also have rubber/vinyl sheet
June 7, 2011 @12:57pm
Justin

Our service department may be able to order them for you. Call 1.800.222.4700 and ask for the parts desk.
June 7, 2011 @03:11pm
Flint

Pair of scissors and a rubber car floor mat....
(I'd never pay $75 for something you can get for free)
Lowes and Home Depot DIY stors also have rubber/vinyl sheet

They are rubber strips with raised up bubbles or cones and when you press a key down it pushed the top of the bubble to the bottom and that makes the contact which produces the sound on the keyboard. Don't go looking for them in Home Depot-you won't find them. Flint
June 8, 2011 @11:50pm
Flint

Our service department may be able to order them for you. Call 1.800.222.4700 and ask for the parts desk.

Thanks, I will check it out. Flint
June 8, 2011 @11:52pm
TimOBrien

They are rubber strips with raised up bubbles or cones and when you press a key down it pushed the top of the bubble to the bottom and that makes the contact which produces the sound on the keyboard. Don't go looking for them in Home Depot-you won't find them. Flint

Oh, my bad.... I thought he was talking about strips on the underside of the keyboard, not IN the mechanism! Never mind!
June 9, 2011 @02:18pm