0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Old MBox compatible with new Pro Tools 9

CuriousBuddies

I just got a MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard. I have Pro Tools LE 6.9 with the MBox(focusrite) that came with it.(Purchased kit from SweetWater years ago) I tried to install and use the Pro Tools LE 6.9, it would not work. Through info on the Web I found people saying its not compatible with Snow Leopard. So I want to get the upgrade to PT 9, if possible, but if I do am I gonna be able to hook my old Mbox up to it? So thats it. Can someone tell me if the old MBox I have will work with the PT 9?
Thank you
June 5, 2011 @08:34pm
yeahforbes

As of version 9, PT works with any hardware (not just Digi) that is already properly working with the OS.
June 6, 2011 @01:10am
JeffBarnett

...except for the original original (beige) MBoxes. They do NOT work with Pro Tools 9.
MBox 2's and 3rd-gen MBoxes are fine, as are just about all other audio interfaces currently supported by their manufacturers with Core Audio or ASIO drivers for OSX Snow Leopard on the mac or Windows 7 on the PC. (This is what rules out vintage MBoxes - they do not have ASIO and Core Audio drivers compatible with current operating systems.)
June 6, 2011 @03:44pm