0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Connection Confusion

chromatics

Hello,
I have a Yamaha SY22 keyboard and an E-Mu Proteus 2 sound module. I simply want to get the keyboard to play sounds from the Proteus. No computer involved. What do I need to do? I don't see anything on the SY22 that lets me change channels to the Proteus. First, what MIDI connections do I need to make, and second, how do I get the keyboard to let the Proteus do the driving?
Thanks.
May 22, 2011 @11:07pm
towl35

Hello,
I have a Yamaha SY22 keyboard and an E-Mu Proteus 2 sound module. I simply want to get the keyboard to play sounds from the Proteus. No computer involved. What do I need to do? I don't see anything on the SY22 that lets me change channels to the Proteus. First, what MIDI connections do I need to make, and second, how do I get the keyboard to let the Proteus do the driving?
Thanks.

I have a simple midi controller (had a CME 8) and a yamaha es rack tone generator. I simply go from midi out on the keyboard to midi in on the sound module. Then take a 1/4" cable from the output and do one of two things 1. go right to an amplifier that is connected to speakers or 2. (what I do) go into a mono channel on my mixer( that is then connected to my audio interface connected to both my comp for recording and the outs connected to my CME headphone monitors and then to my powered jbl 4328 monitors) then out to powered monitors.
Hope this helps
October 5, 2011 @10:35am