We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Trouble with Fast Track USB, no sound in or out.

onguitar

I've never used an audio interface before, I've got the Fast Track USB on a trial basis from a friend to see if I want to buy it.
When I used the install CD it said that my computer's operating system is not supported for use with the Fast Track USB at this time, check website for software updates.
I did as instructed and installed Driver 6.0.6. After it installed I connected the Fast Track to the computer. It showed that it was connected. But I got no sound. Also no sound from anything else such as itunes player.
Checked "sounds and audio devices properties", in playback and record boxes Fast track was selected. Noticed that under the volume tab the device volume is greyed out, can't be changed.
I went to "update driver" from driver properties and did that whole routine then restarted computer.
I went through the whole troubleshooting section and the final advice is that the sound device may not be turned on in bios. Plug and play bios could be out of date or not configured correctly.
I don't know anything about computer bios, how to check it or change it. I hope somebody knows an easier fix. As of now I've uninstalled the drivers and Fast Track and sound is back to normal.
Thanks for reading this.
> Manufacturer : Gateway, Inc.
Mainboard : Intel D845GRG
Chipset : Intel i845GL
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2000MHz
Physical Memory : 1536MBDDR-SDRAM
Video Card : RADEON 9200 PRO Family (Microsoft Corporation)
Hard Disk : Western Digital WD800BB-53CAA1 (80GB)
Intel 82801DB/DBL (ICH4/ICH4-L) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
DirectX : Version 9.0c (December 2007)
May 11, 2011 @06:40am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!