0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Difference between "A Band", "B Band" and "G Band"?

adelosr1

Hey y'all,
I'm a videographer with limited sound experience but I am working with a very experienced sound engineer on a few projects. I'm in the market for a good, reliable and relatively inexpensive lavalier wireless-microphone system and we've settled on the Sennheiser ew 112-p G3 (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EW112PG3-A/)
My question is that it comes in three "bands", A, B, and G. I see that there is a difference in the MHz but no difference in price and we're wondering if this is important to know when it comes to purchasing the microphone.
So people know, we primarily use Canon DSLRs and a Sony HVR-HD100U HDV camcorder to film.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
April 15, 2011 @07:30pm
Ted

You shouldn't have an issue with any of those bands. There's no quality difference between them, and the only potential issue would be if there are other devices in the area operating in the same band that you are. Each band covers a wide enough range of frequencies that you should be able find an open frequency just about anywhere.
April 15, 2011 @07:39pm
Justin

April 15, 2011 @09:35pm