0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 2

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Electro-3HP or Kurzweil PC3LE7?

BC in CA

Hi Folks,
Clavia/Nord announced at MusicMesse a weighted hammer action version of the E3-73 with the suffix "HP." This really appeals to me and got me to thinking seriously about the E3, versus PC3LE7. So far, the E3-73HP has received zilch for coverage stateside.
Not looking at these boards as clonewheels. Ultimate plan is to give the Mojo a serious look when available. May go with XK3C or C2 (with Vent) to handle clonewheel needs if the Mojo comes up lacking. I'm looking for a keyboard that can provide the "kitchen sink" to my rig, such as acou. piano, rhodes, wurly, brass, misc. synth stuff. Primarily used in my home studio and playing out with a roots rock bar band and 80's dance band. (No, we're not in our 80s, although it sometimes feels like it.)
Between the two, which would you go with? What are the pros and cons? Ease of use? Is there another product I should consider?
Thanks,
BC
April 13, 2011 @01:43am