We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Ebay scam-Sound Forge

Sporter

I was recently scammed on Ebay. I bought a copy of Sound Forge for $99.00 (yes, I should have known better), and the auction stated it was full English version with registration number. As it turned out, it was a disk containing a copy of demo program in Russian, with a "crack" program to get around the registration process.
And, the program did not run correctly. I have since bought a legit copy, and it works fine.
After filing an insurance claim, Ebay wants "documentation from a relevant subject expert (on their letterhead) to support your claim that the item is not as stated in the eBay listing."
So, are there any "relevant subject experts" who would be willing to take a look at PDF's of the auction, and PDF's of the CD I received, and help me with this claim?
Thanks, Steve Porter
August 23, 2001 @09:00pm
Nika

Steve,
Ya betcha. Fax them over attn: me and I'll get you something out.
Thanx!
Nika.
August 24, 2001 @02:07pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!