0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 3

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Where to buy used electronic drumset

username

Help! I know nothing about drums and I am trying to buy my husband a used electronic drum set. He will just be using them for fun (not professionally) at home and he just needs something quiet to replace acoustic drums so that our neighbors don't hate us. He might hook them up to his recording equipment from time to time. I'd like to spend around $300-350.
I would like some advice about what sets are the best for my budget (not too flimsy, fairly natural feel and sound) and what places can I find a good deal. I looked on guitar center's website and they have some used sets but there are no pictures of the actual set that's for sale, just stock photos. Anyone know if guitar center is a good place to buy used instruments in decent condition? Any other recommendations for where to look? Any advice I can get would be much appreciated! Thanks.
March 24, 2011 @10:15pm
roundhill

Check ebay or Craigslist. Brands to look at are Roland and Yamaha. If you want something with a natural feel and sound you'll need to double your budget. Otherwise, you don't have many options.
March 25, 2011 @10:13am
DAS

You can check here.
http://tradingpost.sweetwater.com/
This is a service we provide free of charge (no commissions or fees for buyer or seller), but it's also not heavily moderated or policed. You deal directly with the other party. There are some kits up there.
March 25, 2011 @12:32pm
digitalDrummer

Take a look at vdrums.com. It's a very active forum, with lots of reputable member trades.
May 20, 2011 @03:52am