0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Kurzweil PC3X want a thunderstorm that was like my 2500sx

avolcko

I play a show named Jesus Christ Superstar.... A thunderstorm occurs in the 1st act where I used a 2500SX. The PC3X has no thunderstorm...I converted the old thunderstorm from the 2500sx but it sounds more like a racetrack. I may be stuck plugging my blackberry into the PA and using my blackberry thunderstorm. Thanks
March 17, 2011 @10:09am
Senility

In my rather lengthy experience, all Kurzweil boards' sound patches pretty much sound like thunderstorms - - which is why I've never purchased one. I'm fully aware of the fact that such personal judgement is purely subjective, and that it does not speak to your current dilemna; I truly regret that non helpful observation. In the past, I have owned and employed keyboards which rendered excellent earthquake, thunderstorm, emergency siren, wolf whistle, car crash, shattering glass and other assorted off-the-wall non musical sounds; however, not a single one of those special effects marvels were capable of delivering a commendable true acoustic voice, which significantly detracted from their inherent usefulness to me. You might consider utilizing a simple external contraption to fulfill this specific need; such as, perhaps, a box containing a fixed sheet of tin and multiple cascading rocks. Good luck.
March 29, 2011 @04:36am
Synthologist

Goodness... such love and admiration for Kurzweil products!
March 29, 2011 @05:27pm