0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Tomorrow

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Looking for all around sequencer and drum machine.

bound

I've been using reason for a while, and I decided to get a hardware synth, so I got the M-audio venom. I'm probably going to get ProTools or cubase eventually, but right know I'm enjoying the "hardware experience". So I started looking at the maschine and electribe emx, and I'm not sure which I should get. Does the electribe support midi out sequencing and come with pre-loaded samples, and can it do loop based sequencing or just step-sequencing? And is the extra $100 worth it on the maschine over the electribe?
March 7, 2011 @03:07am
TheKeytarist

I know the electribe will have some preloaded samples, it is not a looper, but a very excellent step sequencer. I would recommend the electribe .
March 17, 2011 @04:12pm
carsonduke

I use The Electribe EMX, an Elektron Machinedrum, an Elektron Monomachine and I use an MPC5000. All sequence differently and have very different features. The Electribe is by far the most enjoyable drum machine and easiest to use. The Elektrons sound the best and the MPC is the best sequencer by far. What kind of music are you doing?
May 4, 2011 @09:28pm