0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

New User needs a "Dummies" Guide to Garage Band with Fast Track Ultra

ColumbusMark

Can anyone tell me in relatively simple (i.e. non-technical) terms how I can get my garage band to recognize all of my channels from my brand-new M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.
I want to record four tracks at the same time using the four front inputs. But when I went to click the preference for how to record (built-in mic vs. built-in audio) I only see two channels when a YouTube video shows the actual M-Audio name come up with 8 various tracks/channels.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
I really need SIMPLE!
Thanks so much,
Mark
ColumbusMark
March 3, 2011 @07:39pm
Joe Muscara

Depending upon the version of Mac OS X you are using, you may need to install the drivers. I'm betting later versions of Mac OS X should recognize the unit when you plug it in. However, if you have a version that predates the model, it may not.
Info about how to download the drivers and install them are on the M-Audio site here.
March 4, 2011 @01:49pm
ColumbusMark

Thanks Joe,
I appreciate your taking the time to send me your suggestions. My MAC operating system is the latest and I did download the drivers. I don't know why it didn't show up in my input possibilities in GarageBand but when I went back last night and started over...everything was there. I still have a couple of issues, but I think I'll get those figured out sooner than later. In the meantime, I was able to record a song using two channels into GB and I was pleased with the results.
Thanks again,
Mark
March 4, 2011 @04:26pm