0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
NAMM Happening Now

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Sound System Hookup with Guitar amplifier

billfr-1

Play both acoustic-electric and electric in church. Recently purchased Mustang II amp from Sweetwater. When I play acoustic, I hookup thru direct box to church sound system & it sounds good. If I use electric (PRS) is it best to play thru amp and from earphone out to church sound system or mike amplifier? I would like to use effects and amplifier models of Mustang. Thanks
January 28, 2011 @05:15pm
roundhill

Try it both ways. But I think miking would be best.
January 28, 2011 @05:52pm
pipittman

I have a Fender Mustang 3 Amp and when I use the send output to tie into the church PA, the soundman tells me it sounds 'thin' - yet the sound from the Amp on stage seems fine. I think a mic may be the best option. You might also try the phones output, but then of course you lose the amp speaker. I am wondering if the send output does not have the full effects or why it would sound thin.
February 13, 2013 @04:42am
R Whittington

I have a Fender Mustang 3 Amp and when I use the send output to tie into the church PA, the soundman tells me it sounds 'thin' - yet the sound from the Amp on stage seems fine. I think a mic may be the best option. You might also try the phones output, but then of course you lose the amp speaker. I am wondering if the send output does not have the full effects or why it would sound thin.

Are you connecting the FX send to the main PA with a cable only? You'd likely benefit from inserting a direct box and then connecting to the PA system. However if the amp sounds good a mic still may be the best option.
February 13, 2013 @01:38pm