rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

analog vs digital mixer

chuckie

it's overwhelming to be in a purchase situation for a band that currently uses 16-20 stage mikes (8 on drums), 3 stage monitors, 1 in ear/personal monitor, and at the mix desk, a laptop w/Protools, an effects processor, a reverb processor, and an older analog mixer w/talkback. I have sampled and tested channel strips/dynamics, the e.q., along with various mikes thru the preamps for several digital mixers and so far, I'm not hearing what I want. Guess I need a sound engineer to direct me to an analog mixer with adequate bus/aux. architecture with full featured channel strips and superb preamps, or a better grade of digital mixer. Q. Do I need to change my approach for this mixer purchase, given my limited experience/knowledge?
January 27, 2011 @05:02am
michaelhoddy

You would help us by telling us what consoles you've auditioned so far. Your input list and requirements are really not too complex- there are a lot of options that could do what you want.
January 27, 2011 @05:29am