0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Les Paul or Talkbox?

MrMischke

So taxes are coming up, and I have to make a decision. Either to get another guitar, a Les Paul Studio Faded, or a talkbox. I've been really eager lately to try out a talkbox and experiment with that sort of sound, but a Les Paul is essentially my dream guitar. So I want some help with this, should I get myself a new sound to play and master on my other guitars, and get the Les Paul in a few months? Or should I get a new guitar to play on and get the new sound sometime later when I stop drooling over the Les Paul? The biggest factor is price, by the way, or I would get the Les Paul hands down, but we gotta cut spending a little to make way for a new car, cause our old tempo is pretty much trash at this point.
January 26, 2011 @09:24pm
GM Reszel

Well, a talk box is more of a novelty that may soon wear off. Your dream guitar will stick a lot longer. Having said that I think a talk box is one of the coolest sounds ever. Listen to Gimour's work on Animals and you get what I mean.
January 30, 2011 @11:51pm
Capt. Neil

I picked up a beautiful, sweet sounding, great playing Les Paul on eBay...for a very reasonable price..I'll never regret that. I have bought many pedals and other accessory types of gear that have been a total waste of money...with many regrets.
My advice: buy the best guitar you can find at a "fair but GOOD deal" and you won't be disappointed.
June 29, 2011 @04:27am