We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

What's the world's smallest self-contained bass amp?

DixieFlyer

I'm looking for a really small bass amp that has a speaker. How much can a Pignose handle?
January 16, 2011 @10:31pm
TimOBrien

The Vox Pathfinder 10 is only about the size of a lunchbox.
January 16, 2011 @10:40pm
Big Bottom Willie

Hard to tell from your question exactly what your intended use is, but for some volume in a very small amp you might try the Markbass Micromark. ~9" cube, 50 watts.
Getting bigger but still small and loud (and less expensive) is the Line6 Lowdown 110.
Phil Jones Bass makes some small stuff but also fairly expensive.
Hope this helps.
January 18, 2011 @09:21pm
DixieFlyer

Thanks Tim and Willie. I'm looking for something that will fit in a gig bag or suitcase and be suitable for some spur of the moment jamming with other players in out of the way places. A battery option would be nice but not necessary. I'll check out both the Vox Pathfinder and Markbass Micromark.
January 19, 2011 @01:36am
Big Bottom Willie

Sweetwater also sells the Roland MicroCube, which does have a battery option. I have no experience with it though, so I can't personally recommend it, but it does get good reviews.
January 20, 2011 @09:01pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!