0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Tascam 2488neo question

muzicgirl7

Hello all!
Just bought one of these and it is my first go around on a recorder. I have two main questions at this time.
1) Can I plug my electronic drum set directly into one of the 1/4 inch jacks for recording or must I go into an amp and then mic the amp?
2) Is there any way to go directly into the unit when using an amplified guitar with effects or must it be mic'd also?
Sorry if this has been answered already. I am a total newbie!!!
Thanks!
January 15, 2011 @07:02pm
Bluesman48

If you have a stand alone drum machine for example an Alesis SR16 you can go directly into the 2488. As for the guitar you would mic the guitar amp and then run the mic into the 2488 or you can go directly into the guitar input (H) on the 2488. Welcome to the forum and best of luck in your recording adventure.:)
January 16, 2011 @04:56pm
muzicgirl7

Thank you for replying. I ran my PRS through the H input in the front, my Ibanez Montage (active) through the back and my ESP Bass with EMG Active pickups first MISTAKINGLY through the H input on the front and then through the back. I hope I didn't do any damage to the unit by plugging the bass in the front H input!?!? So frustrating because I KNEW I was not supposed to do that and made the mistake in my eagerness to lay down some basic tracks!!!!
I am having a blast with this thing!
Thanks again for your reply!!
Lia
January 17, 2011 @02:02am
Bluesman48

I don't think you would do any damage running the bass thru the "H" input. I generally run my bass into a compressor and then into the 2488 to even it out. This recording thing is a gas huh ?!? :)
January 17, 2011 @10:23pm