0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 - M-Audio Fast Track Pro

eporter66

First - the issues, then my system
Pro Tools was working fine on my system prior to having my computer serviced. Now - my old songs have latency problems, I get levels with my keyboard using the midi inputs, but nothing when using my instruments (Drum Machine, Guitar through a Pod, bass through a Sansamp). So I know I am enabling/triggering the track correctly because I get a midi signal. Also - the program itself seems to run very sluggish
System :
Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 3
Pentium 4 CPU
200GHZ
2GB Ram
Any suggestions are welcome. Like I said, prior to having my computer serviced Pro Tools was running fine. I am just not sure what I need to change or fix in my computer settings to get things back on track.
Thanks,
Eric
December 9, 2010 @12:39am
Andrew_Malloy

First two things to check.
Trash preferences and databases.
Check latency settings.
December 9, 2010 @03:00pm
eporter66

I'm not the most savvy computer person, I will check the latency settings, but what do you mean Trash Preferences and Databases?
Thanks for the response
Eric
December 10, 2010 @02:33am
eporter66

I went to the M-Audio site, here is another step not sure if this is something else. In my control panel, the M-Audio device appears. It is also listed if I check in add, remove programs.
But - following some instructions I looked under System / Hardware / Device Manager / Sound Video Game... and M-Audio is not listed.
Should I uninstall, and then reinstall? The only thing I dont get is that I get levels on tracks when using the midi device, so it has to be in my system.
I also put the original disc from M-Audio for USB audio interfaces and driver software, and got this message :
Unable to install Fast Track Pro on your computer. Computer Operating system is not supported with Fast Track Pro at this time.
This makes no sense to me as the only thing I had done was the computers battery replaced and some cleanup???
Help
December 11, 2010 @10:23pm