0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Best preamps on USB interface?

snowforts

Howdy! I have an Apogee ONE that I use with my MacBook Air and Logic Pro; I love it's simplicity and it sounds really great. However, the single input is holding me back quite a bit, so I'm looking to upgrade.
What USB interfaces would you guys recommend that are comparable to the ONE? Two pres, two guitar DIs, and two outputs (four would be nice, but whatever) is what I'm looking for.
Thanks!
December 8, 2010 @05:02am
BHend

The Apogee Duet maybe? I would assume if you like the one you would like the duet. Other thing you can check out is the RME babyface.
October 22, 2011 @11:52pm
nigel1111

Hi all,
I'm wondering he best way up Maestro using a Grace m101 into logic. I'm not using the pre on the Duet 2. Should Maestro be set to mic? would you recommend using a very low input setting in Maestro and most of the gain on the Grace. I'm recording guitar. Any advice/insight would be truly appreciated.
thanks!
February 4, 2012 @05:16am