0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Tomorrow

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fender Telecaster lite ash korea

tatman99

I just bought this guitar for $400.00. It doesn't say "telecaster" under the "fender" decal and it is made in Korea. I like it a lot but I get feeling that is a cheap fake. I can't even find info about serial #'s like 04113338. Fender company has no info on it at all...... anybody know about this ax??? I like it a lot thought. It plays and sound great!
October 25, 2010 @10:42pm
Chopper1149

I have a similar issue. A Korean Fender, birds eye neck AND fingerboard. Beautiful. Fast. Light ash but a solid and gorgeous guitar. No "Telecaster" under the Fender logo on the headstock - almost looks like it might have been a mistake - but this puppy is SWEET and a much better feel and play that my MIM Tele, which I loved before I picked this up. Has a 9-digit serial number that I cannot match up anywhere on the usual websites - 06120189. It 'looks' like it could be a 2006 but that's just a guess. If anyone else has any info please pass it on. Thnx.
September 12, 2011 @02:07am
Bluesman48

I just bought this guitar for $400.00. It doesn't say "telecaster" under the "fender" decal and it is made in Korea. I like it a lot but I get feeling that is a cheap fake. I can't even find info about serial #'s like 04113338. Fender company has no info on it at all...... anybody know about this ax??? I like it a lot thought. It plays and sound great!

While it may be a fake, you admit you like it and that it plays great. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the details of it's origins. Make music with it bro !:p
September 17, 2011 @12:51am
Chopper1149

OK… Spoke to Fender at length and here’s the breakdown on the Korean Telecasters. The tech I spoke with had the same model, but a different year. First off, the serial numbers were ‘random sequential’ without an actual date embedded within. My # began with 06 and was made in 2007 but that should not be used to extrapolate other years. Fender is the only source for X-refing the number/year of production. Also unusual, none of these Korean models have Telecaster written on the headstock. Lastly, they would not divulge how many Korean Tele were made but did state it was a fairly limited production. Here are the general specs. Model Name: Lite Ash Telecaster |Model Number: 026-5102-(521) | Series: Special Edition Series | Body: Lightweight Ash | Neck: Birdseye Maple, Modern “C” Shape | Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm) | No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets | Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm) | Source: Korea | Oversized Strap Buttons | Abalone Dot Position Inlays | Pickups: Seymour Duncan® APTR-1, APTL-1, (Neck/Bridge) (AP=Alnico Pro) | Bridge: Vintage Style with 3 Brass Saddles | U.S. MSRP: $899.99 | INTRODUCED: 1/2004 | DISCONTINUED: 1/2009. As 'Bluesman48' wisely points out... "Don't work about the branding. If you like it, play it." I was more concerned that I had picked up a fake and had been duped. But this guitar is awesome and it's a keeper.
September 17, 2011 @01:16am
thesidingguy

I done some research on the made in korea strats and tellies they were made from 04 to 09 they cost from 799 to 999 they stoped making them because you could buy a usa fender for less I have the 05 strat I love it and if you are not happy with your mik fender I would be happy to buy it from you,,,thxs,,,thesidingguy,,,apsiding2@aol.com
February 10, 2013 @06:56pm