0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Cable Organization

LivingDream

I have so many cables in my home studio. What is the best way to organize them?
I thought about getting a shelf with 3 or 4 compartments to separate XLR from instrument cable from power cable, from whatever else... I also thought about putting nails all over the walls to hang certain cable types in certain places...
I am surprised that sweetwater doesn't seem to have any type of furniture or equipment that is specifically designed to store and/or organize cables for the studio. Did I miss something here? What do you guys/gals use in your studios to store and organize cables according to their types?
Thanks in advance.
October 1, 2010 @02:25am
DAS

I have a couple of these.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Claw/
It works well for small cables (like patch bay cables), and it has a tray on each end that can hold a few adaptors, etc. I also have a drawer in one of my racks that holds a few things like this. For bigger cables I get hooks and things from the hardware store. You can find a variety of things that work well there. I also utilize some crates and cases. All of my bigger cables are stored in an equipment closet. I like the control room neat and clean.
October 1, 2010 @12:35pm