0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Change it back!!!

Big Bottom Willie

I don't know why you gave the forum section its new look, but it's awful and I hate it.
Please change it back! It's hard to read and the command bar at the top obscures much of the individual department drop-boxes. I don't know about anyone else but I'll be avoiding the forums until/unless it gets MUCH better, or goes back to its previous configuration.
September 29, 2010 @06:16pm
Lmf

Willie,
You may be waiting a long time, so you might as well try to learn it like the rest of us are doing. Changes are usually not easy, but we live through them and adjust over time. There is probably good reasons for the format change which we aren't privy to.
Best wishes,
Lloyd
September 30, 2010 @02:09pm
Dave Burris

Well perhaps you've gotten more complaints, but I found the sudden disappearance of the standard VB4 menus a bit strange. Funnier still is that some of them are still there but the text is hidden because it is the same color as the background.
Surely this is not the case because someone threatens to boycott a free web forum until it is "fixed".
I suspect there will be more changes as you become more familiar with the VB4 style manager and templates, but users more familiar with other VB4 sites should not find features missing when they come here.
October 3, 2010 @03:24pm
Justin

Dave, our web team is going to try to get the headers all fixed this afternoon. VB4 came packed with some defaults that aren't compatible with all CSS implementations, also the buttons and menus are loaded with their default names and graphics, so it takes a bit of time to iron them all out to match what we're used to and have them show up in the right places w/ the right color scheme.
Willie, we moved to VB3 to VB4 because there were some security vulnerabilities in the old versions. VB4 has a ton of improvements to help combat spam, and prevent accounts from being hacked, and make moderation easier. In the future, the new security patches will be released for the current version, and probably not the old version, so we have to move along to the new version if we want to stay current and protected.
Along with security improvements, we gained some new community features.
October 4, 2010 @06:01pm
Justin

Looks like the menu bars are fixed, and labeled correctly now.
The new system should look more like the original one now.
October 4, 2010 @09:03pm
Dave Burris

No menu item for "Mark Forums Read" exists on the "New Posts" search page.
October 5, 2010 @02:15pm
Justin

Ok, I've reported that one to the web team.
October 5, 2010 @07:37pm
Justin

Dave the Toolbar with the "mark all read" button is back. It took a while to get it working again.
It's in the "Forum Actions" on the light blue bar.
November 16, 2010 @10:56pm
Dave Burris

Dave the Toolbar with the "mark all read" button is back. It took a while to get it working again.
It's in the "Forum Actions" on the light blue bar.

Great! Thanks.
November 19, 2010 @03:51am