rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

AkG C1000s

jwust055

Hey guys how can you switch from cardioid to hypercardioid in this mic also What PPC means????. thanks
Polar Pattern Cardioid, Hypercardiod (w/ PPC 1000 mounted)
September 28, 2010 @10:29pm
5454stevef

Hey guys how can you switch from cardioid to hypercardioid in this mic also What PPC means????. thanks

The mic comes with a plastic insert that you place over the front of the capsule. Kind of a kludgy approach in my view but it works. You have to unscrew the screen to put it in.
Sf
September 29, 2010 @01:54am
Whitenoise

The C1000S comes with 2 plastic caps that fit over the element. One is a presence booster to shape the freq response, and the other changes the pattern to hyper.(I can't remember which is the PPC) They can't both be used at once.
If the PPC 1000 is the presence booster and that is installed, then you're stuck with a cardioid pattern. On the other hand if the PPC is the pattern changer, you are already running hypercardioid but won't have the presence boost.
Maybe someone here knows which cap is which.
Hope this helps
-Jack
PS. I think this is a great all purpose condenser mic. I use it for large vocal groups and acoustic instruments.
April 4, 2012 @12:48am
Whitenoise

I just looked it up and the PPC is the Polar Pattern Converter. With the PPC installed over the element it changes the pattern to hypercardioid. The PB is the Presence Boost adapter.
April 5, 2012 @12:31am