0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

using live drums tracks

soul_purpose4him

How can I implement live drum tracks into our live setting (singer and acoustic guitar) without using a drum machine. I just want to add percussion during our performances and have it readily accessible.
September 27, 2010 @07:24pm
bobbymars

ipod or add drummer
September 28, 2010 @12:09pm
adamjones150

hi everybody :)
October 1, 2010 @06:26am
adamjones150

hi everybody :)
October 1, 2010 @06:27am
BC in CA

I'm looking at a similar use. I'm seriously considering using a small digital multitrack recorder. The one that seems to make the most sense is the Korg D888. It's got 8 tracks and 8 individual 1/4" outputs. The 40GB drive should hold plenty of tunes. I'm thinking I would record the tracks in my home studio and then bounce them down to the 8 tracks. My plan is on mix down the volume of the individual tracks would be mixed so that the faders on the D888 would be set at one level and left there.
Here's how I'm thinking the tracks should be split.
Tracks 1-2: Stereo synthesizer tracks (strings, brass, synth stuff)
Tracks 3-4: Stereo background vocals
Tracks 5-6: Stereo drums and/or percussion (Mostly processed drums since we have a drummer.)
Track 7: Synth Bass (When needed.)
Track 8: Click track (Undecided if there will be audible cues or not.)
If you didn't need that many tracks, you could use four tracks for drums with kick and snare on individual mono tracks and a stereo "overhead" pair.
My application is for an 80s dance band with everyone on IEMs. It looks like it would work on paper anyway. Only problem is the D888 is out of production. They're only around $400 on eBay, so you could probably afford to have a spare in the trunk (with all the tunes already loaded, of course).
Good luck.
BC
April 13, 2011 @02:01am
Cpt.Price

I have read somewhere. Some guy was doing the thing using some online tool.
He was creating the drum beat through that tool and inserting it into the song using another software. Have a search on google.There are many software that can do the tricks.
April 28, 2011 @02:44pm