0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

End User License Agreement

Annabelle

What do companies mean when they say that their samples are 100% copyright clean? I want to make sure that the sample libraries that I make and sell through my company are 100% copyright clean. How do I do this? Also, how should I write the End User License Agreement that will go with these sample libraries? So how should I put this? Should I say that I will be selling these sample libraries to my customers? Or should I say that I will be licensing them to my customers?
August 29, 2010 @05:29pm
Pinhead

Most likely what they mean is that you do not have to pay nor give them credit for the use of those samples in your compositions, and you may copyright those compositions in your name. However, you can't resell or license those samples as your own (as though you created them). These criteria will apply to your customers. To get it right, though, check with an intellectual property attorney to help you get legit as you should be. Good luck!!!
September 23, 2010 @08:30am