0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

IEEE 1394 missing from device manager

murphmusik

Hello,
I have no idea how or why, but when my Firewire audio interface started acting up, I thought it was the device itself.
But today, after re-installing and connecting, it said no firewire device could be found.
I decided to see if the IEEE 1394 had an exclamation point next to it or something....and it is missing from the device manager tree!!
Please help....
August 26, 2010 @11:47pm
murphmusik

when I checked my computer this morning....the IEEE 1394 was back in the device manager tree.
But my firewire device still doesn't work.
Now I don't know if it's my device or the IEEE 1394 FW ports..
perplexed...
August 27, 2010 @12:26pm
Justin

Call our tech support at 1.800.222.4700 x 6400 and they should be able to help diagnose this for you.
Oh, you may want to try a different firewire cable and see if that helps. Next try a different FW Port...
That'll tell you if it's a physical connection problem.
August 27, 2010 @09:46pm
murphmusik

thanks...
I had tried a new cable, and the other port previously.
Then it was running ok for a while. But yesterday it happened again.
I was listening to an MP3 and the audio quit about a minute in.
When I rebooted, I noticed an 'Intel' message which listed all kinds of things, the only things I could write down before it disappeared was 'Table mismatch', and something about 'inventory'.
Then the IEEE was missing from the device manager tree again.
I have no idea what is going on. But I'm dead in the water with my projects with this problem.
I did contact support, and will hopefully get a call back today (Saturday) otherwise I'll be on the phone with someone Monday.
September 4, 2010 @12:52pm