0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Spring Clearance

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Please change the Community name

GM Reszel

I had posted here for awhile then one day the forums 'disappeared'. Well it was because the name was changed to 'community'. I never gave it a click because I thought it had to do with something else, not forum related. It wasn't until later that I randomly clicked on community to discover it was the new name for the forums.
I think the forums are an important sounding board for Sweetwater customers. They communicate with others about gear and receive technical advice from sweetwater staff. However I have noticed less traffic and response to posters questions and I think it might be because the name was changed.
Just a suggestion but at the home page please change the name back to simply: Forums.
July 8, 2010 @01:30pm
DAS

Hey Greg, this is a valid point, and if it were only going to be forums it should obviously just be called forums. But as I understand it we're actually in the middle of a larger transition. "Community" will ultimately be the home to many things, only one of which will be our Forums. It should make more sense then....whenever that is.
July 8, 2010 @04:06pm
GM Reszel

Veddy good, thank you!
July 9, 2010 @01:33am
Lmf

I had posted here for awhile then one day the forums 'disappeared'. Well it was because the name was changed to 'community'. I never gave it a click because I thought it had to do with something else, not forum related. It wasn't until later that I randomly clicked on community to discover it was the new name for the forums.
I think the forums are an important sounding board for Sweetwater customers. They communicate with others about gear and receive technical advice from sweetwater staff. However I have noticed less traffic and response to posters questions and I think it might be because the name was changed.
Just a suggestion but at the home page please change the name back to simply: Forums.

I have the Sweetwater Forum on my browser as "one of my Favorites" since 12/2008. A change from "forum" to "community" hasn't caused me any trouble accessing this forum. Am I missing something?
Best wishes,
Lloyd
July 14, 2010 @01:43am
Justin

It only changed the button on the Sweetwater.com navigation bar at the top of the page. It says Community now instead of Forum.
July 14, 2010 @02:17pm
GM Reszel

I have the Sweetwater Forum on my browser as "one of my Favorites" since 12/2008. A change from "forum" to "community" hasn't caused me any trouble accessing this forum. Am I missing something?
Best wishes,
Lloyd

I never said anything about accessing the forum, just traffic. I used to lurk the guitar forum and there was a fair amount of activity. Now under 'community', very little. Newbs don't know what that means and never clicks on it thinking, 'here's where the forums are'. No biggie, there's lots of other active forums.
August 7, 2010 @12:46pm