0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Wireless Mics

srbell81

I am looking to buy a good quality wireless mic system for around $200. It will be used for my church, for speaking and not very often. Just a back up mic.any suggestions????
July 6, 2010 @03:28pm
michaelhoddy

good quality wireless mic system for around $200.

In wireless, "cheap" and "good quality" are mutually exclusive terms. You can get one, but not both. The entry level price point for wireless that's not unreliable, bad-sounding rubbish is really around $400.
Your best bet would be to look at the used market for some Sennheiser EW100 series G2 or Shure SLX or something. You might still end up paying a bit more than your budget, but you'll end up with a wireless system that's not a throwaway.
July 6, 2010 @03:46pm
jpleong

If you go the used route, make sure you don't get a 700-800MHz system. They are now "legally" obsolete.
JP
July 6, 2010 @04:55pm
Landon

I would opt for a Shure ULX transmitter. The SLX are cheap, but are not great at all. You can get a decent SM58 ULX for under $300 (without transceiver station). If the house has stations for it, you should be fine with that.
July 6, 2010 @08:25pm
michaelhoddy

There's no way the OP is getting into a complete used ULX system for $300, unless it's either beat to death or fell off the back of a truck.
And I'm confused- what's the use of a ULX transmitter without the receiver?
I'm no SLX fan either, but single systems can be made to work adequately, and used SLX is still better than any $200-300 new system.
July 6, 2010 @09:40pm
techmss

For church use the cheapest I could recommend would be the AT 3000 series.
July 8, 2010 @08:10pm
Landon

There's no way the OP is getting into a complete used ULX system for $300, unless it's either beat to death or fell off the back of a truck.
And I'm confused- what's the use of a ULX transmitter without the receiver?
I'm no SLX fan either, but single systems can be made to work adequately, and used SLX is still better than any $200-300 new system.

You're absolutely right! I would be hoping that the house would have the same receiver. I just don't know how many venues use ULX....
Yeah... if he/she needs a total system, then ya go with the SLX. I don't even think you can get a used ULX system under $500.
July 8, 2010 @08:56pm
jackmartinn55

In wireless microphone no any physical cable is connected to the device. There are so many wireless microphone are available in market. You can visit your nearest shop of microphone for it. Some wireless microphone Listed below :
1 ) Trantec S5.5
2 ) WT-4820
3 ) WA-1822/C
4 ) DM-1200
July 15, 2010 @06:35pm
lopensideken

I am looking for the best way possible to record, 2 wireless mics onto one camcorder. I have a BeachTek 4 with 2 xlr inputs. If anyone has a good method please tell me.
July 27, 2010 @10:47am
swtearl

Don't forget you get what you pay for....you get a cheap wireless and its just that..>CHEAP!!!
August 31, 2010 @03:54pm
swtearl

So what did you go with?
September 7, 2010 @03:07am
lavandera

Hey guys! uhmmm yeah I agree with cheap mics = cheap performance (preferring to mic)
But i, myself, don't know what mic to choose. I don' even know anything that i could say "this mic is good" or "this mic is the best". I just want one for my own. I want my personal microphone. One that sounds better and lass longer. One with a good quality. It just annoys me and frustrates me to sing using a very poor microphone. It happens most of the time when I get an invitation to sing. ya know. it sucks sometimes. and i just wanna end that up. :(
any ideas on this regard?
dolphin pictures
Ecommerce Conversions
March 4, 2011 @10:21am
kathlenrt

Don't forget you get what you pay for....you get a cheap wireless and its just that..>CHEAP!!!

I could not agree more! I have been burned once that way, and swore never to go the "cheap" route again. :(
March 23, 2011 @04:55pm
kk456

In wireless, "cheap" and "good quality" are mutually exclusive terms. You can get one, but not both. The entry level price point for wireless that's not unreliable, bad-sounding rubbish is really around $400.
Your best bet would be to look at the used market for some Sennheiser EW100 series G2 or Shure SLX or something. You might still end up paying a bit more than your budget, but you'll end up with a wireless system that's not a throwaway.

If you go the used route, make sure you don't get a 700-800MHz system. They are now "legally" obsolete.
April 9, 2011 @09:31am
TimmyP1955

hello..
what's the best mic for a beginner?
thanks!
metal tile backsplash

Whatever the rest of the band are using. It's best if there's only one kind of mic use on a monitor mix (easier to EQ for feedback and still have some tone and volume). The Shure SM58 is the most common. I've never been a fan - I prefer the Sennheiser E835, Audix OM3, and EV N/D 767a.
April 17, 2011 @07:53am