0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Thinking about a bass

MoneylessRecording

I have been asked to play bass for a youth band at church, and for another Christian rock band, but needed a bass of my own first. A guy at church has offered me a D. Jordan (I think) make P-bass style. It feels like a basswood body, and is very light, and sounds/plays well. He wants $100 for it, with a gig bag. Do ya'll think that would cover just a light gigger for a few years? To be clear, I'm normally a rythym guitarist, and all my guitars are still in very good condition despite being drug around in gig bags a few times a week, so needless to say, I'm really easy on instruments.
June 21, 2010 @11:10pm
wolding

Since you posted your question a month ago, I'd guess you already made your decision. But I will suggest that the primary thing to look at with any instrument is comfort. How easy is it to play? You want to be able to play for extended periods (40 minutes or so) without feeling discomfort in your hands and arms. Two other things to consider are the sound and the appearance. These are very subjective, so ask yourself if it sounds the way you want it to. The price depends on your answers to all these questions.
Bill
July 19, 2010 @03:38pm
MoneylessRecording

Haha, actually, I haven't made my decision yet. So, thank you very much for your reply. I have almost decided to buy this guy's bass, I think it's a good deal, and it plays well and everything.
July 19, 2010 @09:54pm
mikelawson

as you wish you want to buy that guitar so lucky i don't have money to buy that
July 12, 2011 @10:34pm
MoneylessRecording

as you wish you want to buy that guitar so lucky i don't have money to buy that

Haha, I don't either anymore. In college, I just don't have the money for any kind of musical equipment anymore. :\
July 13, 2011 @01:10pm