0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Spring Clearance

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Windows 7, Mbox original, ASIO - not cooperating

judithwest

My modest-but-sufficient voice-over recording setup -- Sound Forge Audio Studio 9, with Mbox (original) as interface using ASIO standalone driver -- worked fine on Windows XP. But, of course, the interface driver isn't compatible with my new computer's Windows 7.
Do I have any alternative to buying a newer interface? The Mbox is left over from the Pro Tools LE (7??) that I junked last year in favor of simpler software better suited to recording audiobook narrations in my small home studio.
And if I do have to buy a new interface, does anyone have suggestions for a basic, user-friendly setup for my purposes? One improvement I would like to have is a setup that can provide talkback capability for when I'm directing talent in the booth.
Thanks in advance.
Judith
_________
System Info:
OS -- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
System -- LENOVO ThinkPad T500, model 2242-CTO
System Type -- 32-bit Operating System
Processor -- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) -- 4.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory -- 5.92 GB
April 24, 2010 @05:57pm
judithwest

Finally, after much trolling, located a similar driver-issue post that had a general reply buried deep within that may help me, and others: http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101901&highlight=asio#post101901
Not sure if it will work, but I'll try it and report back. Meanwhile, figured someone looking for a similar fix might want to do the same.
Judith
April 25, 2010 @05:12pm