0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

How about answering(w/o) remarks.

gray36

I notice that very few posts get answered by newbies, like myself, and when they are, it is something like read the manual, or, Google it, even using CAPITAL letters to say so, how rude. We dont know what we are doing,, and chances are most of us have looked, and this is the last place I would go. To be told how stupid I am, for not knowing something, thats what forums are for! If you have time to post "google it", then you probably have time to answer someones question, and make their day. Or was everyone else just born, knowing how to use plug-ins or route audio, here or there. I wasn't! Just want some answers, so to all you new people starting on this forum, feel for ya, if you are not running a $10,000 rig, you'll probably be ignored, or humiliated, just makes me wonder why people, dont want to help people! There I'm off the soap-box. I'll stick to calling I'd rather be on hold, then to be told, DUH!
March 30, 2010 @12:31pm
DAS

That's a valid point. I don't know what thread "inspired" these remarks, but unless someone was continually asking questions that have been answered before I would refrain from commenting if my only constructive comment would be to consult Google.
On the other hand, I think it is important for forum members to at least try to search for answers to questions within the forum itself before posting. Sounds simple enough, but it often doesn't happen.
Further, feel free to call Sweetwater using the 800 number above. We're very capable of answering questions and providing guidance. All we ask in return is that you purchase from us. Pretty simple. Very few of the SW staff monitor these forums as it's really more of a place for our customers to communicate with and help each other.
March 30, 2010 @02:23pm
gray36

Not a problem, waiting on order from you guys, thats why I posted, I'm not trying to be an a@#, just new, and I wont post unless necessary, but when I do, just want some respect,thanks for listening!
March 30, 2010 @04:18pm
Dave Burris

Not a problem, waiting on order from you guys, thats why I posted, I'm not trying to be an a@#, just new, and I wont post unless necessary, but when I do, just want some respect,thanks for listening!

The advice you get here is worth every penny you pay for it. Just ignore the responses you don't like.
March 31, 2010 @01:30am