0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

babyface electric rhodes sound

jayman

Does anybody who if I can get the tines piano sound that babyface uses on my xp-80 or know which module I can purchase to get that sound? Or does anybody have a jv/xp patch that they can email me at. jaeman_#16@email.com
December 20, 2002 @04:28pm
michaelhoddy

I've found that a number of the Rhodes and DX7 Rhodes sounds on the Roland SR-JV Pop expansion board and on some of the keyboard sound SR-JV boards (the Session and Piano boards) are more useful than those on the regular XP80 internal ROM.
December 20, 2002 @05:54pm
Annabelle

I've been looking for this sound myself. I've tried the Yamaha DX7, but it didn't come close to what I was trying to find. Of course, the only place I looked in the DX7 was the Factory Presets. The DX7 I tried was one that at the Music Department at Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon. Can anyone please Email me a patch of this sound? I would appreciate it a lot, since I would like to use it in Kontakt, within Sonar. Is it this sound you're talking about? The one that is featured on "Slow Jam" by Usher?
August 29, 2010 @04:04pm
Annabelle

Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could find this electric Piano sound that Babyface plays in his music?
October 9, 2010 @12:32am
Annabelle

I've been looking for this sound myself. I've tried the Yamaha DX7, but it didn't come close to what I was trying to find. Of course, the only place I looked
in the DX7 was the Factory Presets. The DX7 I tried was one that at the Music Department at Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon. Can anyone please
Email me a patch of this sound? I would appreciate it a lot, since I would like to use it in Kontakt, within Sonar. Is it this sound you're talking about?
The one that is featured on "Slow Jam" by Usher? Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could find this electric Piano sound that Babyface plays in his music? Somebody told me that this is a synth cliche, in other words, it can be found on a lot of FM synth keyboards, rackmounts, and VST's. However, I haven't been able to find it. Where in the world do I search?
January 23, 2011 @03:03pm
Annabelle

I've actually been looking for this sound as well. I wonder if there's an FM Synth Emulator software that can be used to create this sound? Also, most important of all, if I use a softsynth, it has to be accessible to screenreader software like JAWS 10.0, which can't read bitmap image-based buttons and controls, but it has to read text-based buttons and controls.
September 14, 2011 @02:25pm
Annabelle

I've actually been looking for this sound as well. I wonder if there's an FM Synth Emulator software that can be used to create this sound? Also, most important
of all, if I use a softsynth, it has to be accessible to screenreader software like JAWS 10.0, which can't read bitmap image-based buttons and controls,
but it has to read text-based buttons and controls.
November 26, 2011 @02:18am