0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
NAMM Show Report

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

TC Helicon Harmony G

Bluesman48

This is a general info type question. I am considering getting a Harmony G pedal to use for vocal harmonies. My question is can I use my Grace micpre with it. In other words can I run the mic out of the Harmony G into the Grace and then into my recorder ?
January 1, 2010 @11:12pm
yeahforbes

The point of a preamp is to extract the best possibly sound out of a microphone connected to it directly. Therefore you would actually want to go mic > grace > tc. But that would require a line input on the tc which it does not have. Could try reducing the grace's output enough that nothing clips, but it's still not a great situation. Basically the tc has a pre and you don't need two of those.
January 2, 2010 @03:18pm
Bluesman48

Yeah that would defeat the whole purpose of having a really nice pre like the Grace, which is why I bought it in the first place.
January 5, 2010 @12:55am
SoloArtist

I have the Harmony G and use it as my sole preamp. The condenser mic I use, Audio-Technica's AT4050, is just too hot to go directly to my PA.
The only thing with the Harmony G is that they are discontinuing it. They have replaced it with the Harmony G XT which is supposed to perform better at higher volumes. I don't so the Harmony G is adequate for my purposes.
January 6, 2010 @07:49pm