0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Merry Christmas - Free stuff from Sweetwater

JeffBarnett

Hi all,
One of my clients asked me to compile a list of free things Sweetwater offers, and I thought I'd share it with you. There's some cool stuff here...
Sweetwater Records - sell your music online for free

If you're a musician, or you work with musicians (I'm pretty sure that's just about all of us), you'll like this. Sweetwater developed a website to make it easier for you to distribute your work to the masses. Here's the basic idea: You can create a free artist profile with pictures and information, upload your music, and your fans can download it either for free, or on a pay-per-download basis at a price you set. There is no cost for the profile, or for hosting your music. If you choose to sell your music, we keep 9 cents per download to cover credit card costs. If you want to sell your music the old-fashioned way, you can ship us CDs, and we'll distribute them from our massive warehouse. We'll handle order fulfillment and shipping. (We keep $4.95 to cover shipping and card fees, but the rest is yours.) No other fees, no contracts, no exclusive agreements.
Sweetwater Trading Post - Sell your stuff for free
The Trading Post is our free online classified service. Post your used gear for sale, and whenever somebody calls in to Sweetwater and asks if we sell used gear (happens all the time), we'll redirect them to the Trading Post.
Sweetwater Gear Gift - Donate your used gear
If you've got used gear collecting dust, we'll help you donate it to a worthy cause, and you'll get a tax deduction. Send in your old gear; we'll refurbish them in our service department and donate it to a charitable organization, foster family, disaster victim, etc. and you'll get a receipt for tax purposes. In most cases, you'll also receive a thank-you note from the recipient.
Contests & Giveaways
Sweetwater gives a lot of stuff away. We always have at least two contests running. All you've got to do is enter. One is promoted on the main Sweetwater site and a second one is just for AudioForums members. There's a new prize every month.
Free software
Our software guys have developed a couple of clever tools for musicians. SetMaker will help you organize your song lists and put together sets for your band. Our iPod tool will let you store any type of list (like a SetMaker set list, for example) in your iPod.
Audio glossary
Every day, we tackle a technical term and define it. We've been doing this for a few years, so there are thousands of them now posted on our website. And while you're at it, check out our Tech Tip of the Day archive.
Videos
Sweetwater's YouTube channel now has over 250 videos - product overviews and demos, special events, interviews, etc. You'll also find lots of video content on Sweetwater's Facebook.
Publications
Sweetwater has a bunch of publications, both printed and online. You can read about them and subscribe to the ones you want here. Also check out our new blogs, Sweetwater Select, Guitars & Gear, and inSync.
User Forums
In addition to Sweetwater Forums, there is a large community on the AudioForums, as well. I'm a frequent visitor to both sites.
December 24, 2009 @05:34pm
jonemajor

You have done very great job.I like it.I like all information about music.It is very good collection.Thanks for share the information.
December 28, 2009 @06:10am