0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Do ALL headphones come standard w/ 1/8in jacks!?

InHouseEnt

I'm kinda ill cause i used to have a pair of koss headphones that had a standard 1/8" jack on them, the standard plugin to pc's and pretty much any cd player, etc.
I was wondering, if you buy a set of AKG or Sennheiser or perhaps even Sony headphones, are ALL these 1/8" as well?
Reason i ask is i have the delta 44 and i used to have a pair of cheap koss headphones, the headphones, whether cheap or not though weren't at fault. It was the fault of having to run a 1/4 adapter to the d44 i believe. You would go in the booth and the sound would only come out of one phone, so, you'd have to wiggle the adapter or the main h-phone plug ever so slightly to catch the right spot.
I want 2 avoid this and possibly get a set of phones with a 1/4" trs jack that will plug STRAIGHT in no adapter needed. Is this not possible? I'm seeing alot of these headphones with the 1/8 standard.
What gives!?
December 23, 2009 @01:27pm
InHouseEnt

Feel free to also give suggestions on headphones up to $50 range for playing instrumentals basically to record to. Need a closed cup design to encase most or all the ear.
December 23, 2009 @01:28pm
DAS

Not all, but nearly all headphones come with a 1/8" jack, and include an adaptor to take that up to 1/4". I would be hard pressed to think of one sub $50 headphone that's not configured this way.
December 23, 2009 @02:03pm
Ted

The only headphones I know of offhand that have a 1/4" plug standard are Audio Technica's ATHM40 headphones (along with the ATHD40) but they're a bit more than $50.
December 23, 2009 @02:29pm
jpleong

I was wondering, if you buy a set of AKG or Sennheiser or perhaps even Sony headphones, are ALL these 1/8" as well?

All of these, yes. Some, like much of the Sony line of professional headphones and the new Shure line, come with a screw-locking adapter that should make this less of a problem. I've been known, in the past, to Gaff-tape these locking connectors.
JP
December 23, 2009 @03:30pm
SoloArtist

Not all, but nearly all headphones come with a 1/8" jack, and include an adaptor to take that up to 1/4". I would be hard pressed to think of one sub $50 headphone that's not configured this way.

Absolutely. I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's which are configured just that way. 1/8 jack fits my iPod and the 1/4 inch adaptor fits right over that. Right now, I would look around for some sales as you might be able to get them at a discount.
January 6, 2010 @07:57pm
Baibfiwf

When the players start the adventure RuneScape, they always begin in a secluded area, where they are taken through a tutorial, a set path where they learn the most basic skills in RuneScape, which can help them in making RS gold(Cheap RS Gold). Therefore, they do not need to Buy RS Gold to assist the adventure.
After the tutorial, the players can access to tutors and advisors that located in the towns they explore. In general, they can give the players related information about their respective skills. When the tutorial was introduced on 24 September 2002, it was set on a secluded island, called Tutorial Island. On 14 July 2008, a new tutorial was briefly introduced, but the original tutorial was reappointed before being replaced again on 17 September 2009.
In general, there are 25 skills in RuneScape that enable the players to perform various activities within the game. Actually, they allow for interaction with NPCs, the environment and other players. When the players use the skill, they can gain experience points about it. For example, the players who mine an ore can train the mining skill, and when the players accumulate enough experience points in the skill, their character can level up.
With the skill level rises, the ability to gather better raw materials and manufacture better (Buy WOW Gold)products during the adventure. Besides, when the players use the new abilities, they can also share the increased experience awarded. To be honest, the total skill level of a player partly symbolizes the status of the player in the game, which can be viewed by anyone in the official RuneScape high score tables.
By the way, some RuneScape skills, such as Woodcutting and Fishing, can enable the player to collect raw materials that can be made into useful items for other skills, such as Fletching and Cooking respectively. Besides, the produced items can be used by the player or sold to other players in game for a profit. In addition, some skills will allow the players to kill certain NPCs, steal from various NPCs, market stalls and chests located in-game, build their own houses and move around the map easily. Of course, there are also some (RuneScape Gold)other benefits, such as cooking their own food, creating their own potions, crafting runestones and weapons, planting their own plants, hunt NPC animals, raid dungeons, and summon familiars to assist in combat and training skills
September 7, 2010 @03:08am