0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 2

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Trance need

Heat

Anyone know armin van buuren remix song "Human".
In that song the Synth sound very excitement.
Which Synth he use in that soung ?
Or i shoud ask which synth the trance musician should buy?
December 15, 2009 @08:58pm
forest creature

http://dancemusic.about.com/cs/interviews/a/IntAVBuuren_2.htm
i am not in a position to answer your question, but the link above is an interview with the young dude.
January 8, 2010 @02:12am
brockolious

Hi Heat, I'm a trance musician, and I'll take a stab at this.
There isn't one synth a guy like Van Buuren uses. He has racks and racks of hardware synths/effects, and will pick up any soft synth that sounds...well...good.
Generic answer, I know, but his list, as well as Van Dyk's, Oakenfold's, Tiesto's, Corsten's, it's all tens and tens of thousands tied up.
I remember he loved Spectrasonics stuff, especially Atmosphere, Stylus RMX, and Omnisphere of course. He also loves the Access Virus keyboard line. I owned a Virus kC myself, which is actually in the hands of an electronic musician guy at Sweetwater.
I'm picking out a lot of different synth sounds in there. The lead sounds like like a thick, enveloped saw lead with a realllllllly nice low-pass filter.
Hope that helps, and I'm on ReverbNation if you're curious what my junk sounds like. www.reverbnation.com/michaelrancourt. You'll probably dig 3110 if you like trance.
Good luck with your sound, it's a life-long process.
EDIT: Omnisphere typo.
February 13, 2010 @01:01am
carsonduke

Access Virus, Novation, Roland, or Korg. those are the best places to start.
Carson
May 4, 2011 @09:58pm