rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

not doing pop songs, Adam A7 or Dynaudio Bm6?

rockman413

I'm a music composer for film, video game. Mostly doing Orchestra, electronic, not often on pop songs.
Which one should I choose?
Adam A7? Dynaudio bm6? Air6?
Thanks!
November 26, 2009 @03:14pm
DAS

Probably not much help, but I'll bet you'd be happy with any of those given what you're doing. I think you are on the right track. Don't know if it's a factor, but I doubt very many video games are played back through ribbon drivers, which do have a certain sound to them, so maybe that's a slight nudge in the direction of the Dynes, but really...at the composition level I think you'd be doing good with any of those.
November 27, 2009 @01:36pm
rockman413

Probably not much help, but I'll bet you'd be happy with any of those given what you're doing. I think you are on the right track. Don't know if it's a factor, but I doubt very many video games are played back through ribbon drivers, which do have a certain sound to them, so maybe that's a slight nudge in the direction of the Dynes, but really...at the composition level I think you'd be doing good with any of those.

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean "ribbon drivers?" and "slight nudge"?
Sorry for my poor english.
June 4, 2011 @03:51pm
DAS

Ribbon refers to the type of high frequency driver used in the Adam speakers. They do have a certain sound to them that's a bit polarizing. Some like it a lot, others dislike it a lot.
By "nudge" I just meant that because the Dynaudio speakers utilize a more conventional design they may translate a bit better given what you are doing. By "translate" I mean sound more consistent with the ultimate playback medium, requiring less guesswork on your part for how things will end up sounding.
June 6, 2011 @05:35pm
rockman413

Ribbon refers to the type of high frequency driver used in the Adam speakers. They do have a certain sound to them that's a bit polarizing. Some like it a lot, others dislike it a lot.
By "nudge" I just meant that because the Dynaudio speakers utilize a more conventional design they may translate a bit better given what you are doing. By "translate" I mean sound more consistent with the ultimate playback medium, requiring less guesswork on your part for how things will end up sounding.

These are great answers! Very helpful! How about JBL? I'm thinking about to get a 4326 5.1 since I'm doing a lot of film orchestra music.
June 6, 2011 @10:33pm