0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Rhythm patterns on Kurzweil PC3x

saietz

I have been told, that PC3x comes without prerecorded rhythm patterns (to be used as accompaniment to my playing the keyboard or as a layer in the sequencer when making a song).
However I have read (in Sweetwater's description of the PC3x, that it contains "hundreds of pre-recorded beats and musical phrases"
I find this contradictory. Could anyone explain to me what is right: Are there pre-recorded, ready-to-use drum patterns, that you can use as accompaniment, or do you have to make them yourself?
Thank you in advance
Henning Saietz
October 30, 2009 @10:01pm
Synthologist

Are there pre-recorded, ready-to-use drum patterns, that you can use as accompaniment, or do you have to make them yourself?

From what I have heard, both. The PC3 series keyboards come with rhythmic presets and drum patterns, plus you can also create your own.
However, if you are looking for a more unique keyboard that offers beats, rhythms, musical phases and more--consider the Korg M3 (with KARMA). I have owned one for about 2 years now and it's amazing.
:)
October 30, 2009 @11:48pm
saietz

Thank you very much, I will try a Korg M50. In fact, I had already intentions of doing so anyway, and since it sounds as if you are well satisfied with the instrument, I will certainly do it. But much depends of course on the "feeling" of the instrument, though - sounds, timbres, touch etc.
Best regards
Henning
October 31, 2009 @08:44am
Synthologist

I recommend the Korg M3, not the M50.
The M3 has many more features (KARMA) and a better keybed.
October 31, 2009 @04:10pm
saietz

Korg M3 it is then. Thank you for the correction.
November 1, 2009 @10:24pm