0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Need help, looking to start mixing beats and recording audio for hip hop

dwight

Hi, I'm looking for advice on what kind of equipment to get to start making beats, recording my lyrics, and mixing the tracks. At this point I just write lyrics so I'm totally new to this. What I'm looking to do is get a setup somewhere along the lines of a computer, keyboard, mic, headphones, and whatever software needed to help put what I want into to beats. I'm a beginner but am willing to learn whatever it takes to make good music. Also I'm looking for the lowest priced equipment possible without sacrificing much quality. Any advice is really appreciated.
October 28, 2009 @06:25pm
nikole95

Hi, I'm looking for advice on what kind of equipment to get to start making beats, recording my lyrics, and mixing the tracks. At this point I just write lyrics so I'm totally new to this. What I'm looking to do is get a setup somewhere along the lines of a computer, keyboard, mic, headphones, and whatever software needed to help put what I want into to beats. I'm a beginner but am willing to learn whatever it takes to make good music. Also I'm looking for the lowest priced equipment possible without sacrificing much quality. Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks for sharing.It's great
January 20, 2011 @06:52am
carsonduke

What is your budget?
Carson
May 4, 2011 @09:53pm