0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Please help choosing keyboard arranger

silv

Hi:guys i'm a newbie to this forum, and I've been a home made Keyboard player, i rarely go out in public,i mostly play at my home,i learned to play by music and my music sheets are my companion otherwise i barely can play by heart,i have a lousy memory, barely can store a few songs in it without the music sheet assistance,but my keyboard is my most everything can relax and give me peace.Now that i introduced me musically speaking.
I own a Technics KN2000 that i acquire a few years ago and it's been a great keyboard and continues to be,it was allot more than i needed when i started.Now i decided to upgrade to another brand,but i'm still keeping this one,as i said this Technics Kn2000 has a great sound but it lacks on Rhythm Styles like the Ballads and i love Ballads,so i want a keyboard that has a great choice of ballads,and other modern rhythms,for song that i have a hard time to play in my KN2000 with the rhythm bank that i have,like for example,Endless Love form Lionel rich,Titanic and the prayer from Celine Dion,Elton John songs and so on.
Now i want your acknowledge and experience on these workstations so i can decide and don't want to spend more than $2.000 USA dollars,and also want something that is a better machine than my Technics Kn2000,
now i'm sorry i bored you with my to long post,and i appreciate your time to reed it and hopefull you can give me some good advice,thanks in advance.
Read more: http://www.musicbanter.com/talk-instruments/44463-advice-upgrading-keyboard.html#ixzz0TBIClwKS
October 6, 2009 @06:24pm
Atlas5

Search this web site for the various arranger style keyboards, with a 2K budget, yours options are great.
I have the Roland GW8 arranger--a latin music treasure not good for much else and the keyboard feel is a little low end.
All so with check Yamaha & Korg workstation keyboards, they are similar to arrangers in their feature set. Especially Yamaha stuff, (MO6 or Motif XS).
Good luck
October 12, 2009 @02:18pm
silv

Search this web site for the various arranger style keyboards, with a 2K budget, yours options are great.
I have the Roland GW8 arranger--a latin music treasure not good for much else and the keyboard feel is a little low end.
All so with check Yamaha & Korg workstation keyboards, they are similar to arrangers in their feature set. Especially Yamaha stuff, (MO6 or Motif XS).
Good luck

Thanks Atlas5 i think i made my mind up I'll go with PSR S910 I'd like tyros 3 but my budget is 2000 bucks tops.
I found the Zzounds.com they offer 4 payments installments,
What you think of this Store and this payment plan. thanks in advance.
October 12, 2009 @11:17pm
Atlas5

I've purchased from zzounds many times without problem. Don't tell sweetwater, it's their forum.
Good luck and enjoy your selection.
October 13, 2009 @03:48am
silv

I've purchased from zzounds many times without problem. Don't tell sweetwater, it's their forum.
Good luck and enjoy your selection.

well i ended up canceling the zzounds because of too much aisle with the credit card from my bank,and i was at the Guitar Center and ordered from there i expect next week,the only thing i did not like is that the guy at the counter made my order and i asked to order with the PSRs910 a volume foot control and he ordered a sustain control so now i got to exchange it,but they say to go there,it's a bit far way and the mistake was there's so i expect them to send me the right one otherwise I'll have to go there and make noise,and they're gonna loose a customer hope we don't get to that.
October 16, 2009 @11:05pm
silv

I received my PSR S910 today and i'm so happy with it,outstanding.
now i'm trying to get some music sheets and found this site,musicsheetplus,
anybody had success on this site?thanks in advance.
October 22, 2009 @03:02am