0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Slow Usb Hubs

JIMMYRAYV

I have a CS Dual Tower which has six USB Ports and each is to be 2.0 Ghz. No matter what I plug into any one of these hubs, I get a message stating "this equipment can run faster, etc."
I've checked to make sure the peripherals are 2.0 capable as some of my equipment will only run at 1.1 no matter what. The equipment that is 2.0 capable are connected using 2.0 connectors/cables and I'm still getting the error that the attached hardware could run faster.
Some of the equipment I don't mind if it's running below optimum speed, however, with recording, I have gotten messages that at slower speeds my recordings could contain audio/video errors.
Any suggestions or users with similar problems?
JIMMYG
September 30, 2009 @03:50pm
Justin

That is strange, all our motherboards have had USB 2.0.
Either there is a 1.1 or 1.0 device on the same hub, or maybe a setting was changed in the BIOS.
Get with our tech support at 1.800.222.4700 x 6400 and they should be able to help you figure this out.
September 30, 2009 @07:45pm
VigilantSound

I have had this same problem since i got my csrackHD about a year ago, tech support had said it was a bad hub and said they would send me a new one but they never did, and when I called back a second time they said they would send it out again, but they didnt.
I know now that it had nothing to do with the hub, although the hub was blown...
And no I dont have any 1.1 devices plugged in....
March 31, 2010 @06:29pm
Justin

I spoke to tech support yesterday, I believe they're getting the hub shipped out to you. If you need additional help call 800.222.4700x6400.
April 2, 2010 @12:39pm