0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Ensemble-Mbox Troubleshooting

Federico Pacheco

Hi everyone. I just bought myself an apogee ensemble interface. I´m using it in the stand alone mode, connected via spdif to my Mbox. I own a PC computer, and a friend of mine helped me configure it with his mac. I can record with it at 44.1 KHZ, perfectly. Using the Spdif clock in my setup settings in my pro tools. Because if I use my internal clock it won´t record. The problem is I need to record in 48 kHz. But when I´m using the spdif clock, the track will slow down and the pitch will lower down. If I turn the clock to internal, it will playback at real tempo, but it won´t receive the signal from the spdif input, furthermore, a nasty noise will come out my monitor speakers. Is there a way to solve this, what would you recommend?
Thank you very much.
August 15, 2009 @05:41pm
DAS

You should be able to set the Ensemble to a 48kHz rate, which should solve your problem (you will need PT set to external clock).
August 17, 2009 @12:45pm
Federico Pacheco

I already tried configuring it to 48 kHz. But it won´t work. I put it in Cd mode, and the src to external, internal, whatever option. But it just won´t record, or the annoying clicking sound won´t stop. How should I properly configure it? Is it only clock source select: external? and cd mode, src rate 48 kHz?
August 17, 2009 @02:04pm
DAS

The Ensemble should be set at 48kHz. The PT session should be set at 48kHz. The Ensemble should be set to internal clock. Pro Tools should be set to external clock via S/PDIF input. And you should have only one S/PDIF cable going from the Ensemble S/PDIF output to the S/PDIF input of your Digi hardware.
That should work.
August 17, 2009 @02:42pm
Federico Pacheco

Thanks for the answer. But I already solved the problem. I already did all that in the past. The solution is in the audio midi setups in the hard drive.
Any questions on how, just ask.
Have a nice day.
August 18, 2009 @02:41pm