0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Mic stands

joecool7

O.K. I 'm new here ,but not new to music. I've been performing onstage for 20 years and haven't found a mic stand yet that will last 2 years without something going wrong. Has anyone got a particular manufactor that they rely on ? It has to be a tripod to go over keys. Thanks !!
August 8, 2009 @07:54pm
yeahforbes

Can't think of an Atlas breaking on me. Stay away from On Stage Stands.
August 8, 2009 @11:55pm
michaelhoddy

K&M tripod booms have always served me well. Don't like Quik Lok, and anything cheap from Guitar Center is going to fall apart pretty quickly. You can expect to pay $60 to $75 for a decent boom. But it will last you forever- I have some booms that are nearly 15 years old.
August 9, 2009 @03:32am
jpleong

Can't think of an Atlas breaking on me. Stay away from On Stage Stands.

I agree on both counts. I cannot understand the problem with On Stage Stands. I have some that are perfectly fine after ten years and some that stripped themselves to pieces in less than a year. I would avoid them at all costs.
K&M is what I use now but I was satisfied with my Quiklok A300s I bought a long time ago -the only issue being the heavy reliance on plastic.
JP
August 9, 2009 @11:18pm
Krynos

I like DR PRO, not too expensive. The Hercules are very nice.
August 10, 2009 @02:14pm